When you’re running a non-profit, you have a lot of things on your plate and social media may not be at the top of that list. However, using digital marketing for non-profits is a great way to raise awareness, build relationships, and attract funding or volunteers.
Digital Marketing Goals
- Attract funding. A nonprofit organization cannot affect positive change in the community without funding. Using digital marketing platforms like social media and email offers another way to get people to donate.
- Raise awareness. People cannot donate or volunteer if they don’t know you exist or what you need. Using social media is a great way to get the word out about your organization.
- Build relationships. Sharing behind-the-scenes content and success stories are great ways to connect with people online and get them invested in your nonprofit.
To get started, we recommend setting up social media accounts and email marketing. Make sure you have a clear mission statement and call to action. Encourage people to share your social media pages and sign up for your email list. What are you trying to accomplish with social media? This may be to bring awareness, share inspirational stories, and ultimately encourage people to donate and/or volunteer. Having specific goals makes it easier to figure out what’s working and what’s not working.
Digital Marketing Tips
- Do some research on where your target audience is most active online and start there. Your demographic may be more active on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest.
- Come up with content ideas. Introduce the staff, show behind-the-scenes footage of getting ready for an event, and share stories from those who have been positively impacted by your nonprofit.
- Stay consistent. We’ve said this many, many times, but consistency is key to digital marketing. Add your posting schedule to your calendar as a reminder.
Check out these posts for even more digital marketing tips for non-profits:
Here at AGC, we specialize in helping small businesses grow with our full-service social media, digital marketing, and content management solutions. Contact us to learn how we can help your nonprofit!